- About Us
- Moraine Location
- Laurel Highlands Location
- Field Trips
- The LT Experience
October is an exciting time at Living Treasures! Our “Night at the Zoo” event runs every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in October from 7-11pm, weather permitting.
This a non-scary family event where you are invited to take a walk in the dark through our torch-lit walkways to view the wild and interesting behaviors that many wild animals have at night. Hear the calls of many vocal animals, and spot the glowing eyes of the big cats and alligators.
This is a rare opportunity to observe over 70 species of animals, many of which are nocturnal.
• Children ages 3-11 accompanied by a paying adult will receive FREE ADMISSION from 7-11pm when they bring a carved or decorated pumpkin.
• Jack-o-lanterns will be entered into a weekly contest, where 1 winner from each age group will be chosen each week.
• All guests are invited to come in costume!! (Please no scary costumes.)
• Guests who get their photo taken at our photo center will automatically be entered into a weekly contest, where 1 winner is chosen weekly.
• Get your family’s Halloween photo holding a live snake or alligator while our trained staff controls the “business end” of these reptiles!
• “Treat” bags will be given to every guest in costume before they leave the park.
• Pumpkins and refreshments will be available.
• Flashlights are available for purchase in the gift shop to help you spot our animals.
Note: Living Treasures remains open daily from 10:00am-6:00pm in addition to the Night at the Zoo event.
**Weekly winners of the jack-o-lantern and costume contests will be posted on our Facebook page every Monday in October. Make sure you "like" our page!**